What degree did you study at university, Lungi?
Can you tell us why you chose this career?
My career brings new challenges on a daily basis, which continuously improves my analytical & problem-solving skills. It also provides me with constant opportunity to bring good change into people’s lives as well as allowing me to lead my team to ever greater heights (not only professionally, but also in their personal life too).
What’s a typical day like in your job?
My typical day at Sanlam includes:
- Project facilitation and planning.
- Catch-up meetings to ensure my team have no bottle-necks and are still in line with the project scope.
- Research to find improved solutions.
- Coaching and up-skilling.
What are the some of the highlights and challenges of your role?
A challenge in my work is the ability to delegate. Some highlights include:
- Seeing the team perform at their highest level and with greater confidence.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Successfully improving processes.
- Seeing satisfied clients.
- Helping up-skill and increase the confidence of employees, through the lessons they learn in projects.
How do you keep up to date with all the changes in your profession?
Registered on various IT / Tech websites which provides daily IT insights to read. Also, I watch YouTube videos on current technology topics / innovations.
What do you enjoy doing for fun outside of the office?
Reading novels, watching TV-series and movies, hiking, socializing with friends and family (mainly outdoors). I also enjoy watching stand-up comedy and going to the theatre.
Thanks for sharing with us, Lungi!