- Nedbank Group’s primary market remains South Africa, however, we are continuing to expand into the rest of Africa.
- We have a presence in six countries in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and East Africa region where we own subsidiaries and banks in Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, as well as representative offices in Angola and Kenya.
- In West and Central Africa we follow a partnership approach and concluded the acquisition of an approximate 20% shareholding in Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) in 2014, enabling a unique one-bank experience to our clients across the largest banking network in Africa, comprising more than 2 000 branches in 39 countries.
Each year we offer bursaries to students in need of financial assistance toward their studies. So, if you are thinking of studying towards a university degree but don’t have the financial means, the Nedbank Bursary Fund may be the solution you’re looking for.
The following are some of the questions we’ll ask when considering your application for a bursary:
- Are you a South African citizen?
- Do you contribute to Nedbank’s transformation targets?
- Have you achieved enough academically? Specifically, have you earned at least a 65% average pass mark, while also meeting all of the registration criteria of a South African public university or university of technology?
- Where do you score on a financial means test?
- Does the degree you are applying for meet a scarce skill that we’ve identified at Nedbank or for the greater good of South Africa?
Closing date : 28 June 2020
CA SEMINAR EXPERIENCE
The Nedbank CA Training Programme invites you to attend its annual CA Seminar Experience. This is a career-defining five-day journey that will inspire you and assist you in making informed decisions about your future.
During the week you will:
- experience Nedbank’s culture, values and brand;
- have the opportunity to network with the Nedbank CEO, other executives and trainees;
- gain professional, leadership and interview skills, as well as improve your personal branding, CV writing and exam techniques;
- be challenged by a wide range of comprehensive activities; and
- gain valuable insights into the world of banking and have many questions answered.
The CA Seminar Experience will take place in December 2020.
Watch this space for applications opening!
- CA Training Programme
- Corporate and Investment Banking Training Programme
- Quantitative Analyst Programme
THE CA TRAINING PROGRAMME:
Our trainees are afforded the opportunity to rotate across the bank during the course of their designated three-year learnerships, and our proven track record of high pass rates bears testimony to the support that they receive.
Furthermore, we place great value on the principles of leadership and transformation, which are firmly ingrained in our business culture, and encourage our trainees to participate in and avail themselves of events, seminars and mentorship programmes.
Join the Nedbank CA Training Programme, where you can do more and be more.
Applications for our 2020 intake are now closed. Applications for our 2021 intake will open in January 2020.
NEDBANK CIB PROGRAMME:
We’re looking for the best minds to join our team as we carve a distinct future. Our team of finance experts excels at doIng business, but they are also passionate about doing good for the greater society.
If you believe that you can write your own unique success story that could create change for our country, the continent and your own life, we’re looking for you.
Nedbank CIB wants multi-faceted people with strong academic skills, creative minds and a value system that includes integrity and respect.
Our business boasts some of the top experts in corporate and investment banking and we have an enviable track record. That record is anchored by our mandate to bring innovative thinking to the market.
Come share our philosophy and passion for diverse thinking. It’ll be the right start to your career!
Who are we looking for?
Graduates with the following Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree in:
Accounting, Economics or Finance
Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics
Property, Quantity Surveying or Valuations Management
Engineering (all fields)
Data Analytics or Data Science
To apply for the CIB programme, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/2WlccgG
Application open 1st April 2020 and close on 28 June 2020
NEDBANK QUANTITATIVE ANALYST PROGRAMME
The worldclass Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme offers exceptional prospects, developmental opportunities and benefits to trainees. The programme is unique in that it allows you to tailor your journey to your career goals.
Trainees get the opportunity to rotate across the bank during their two-year programme. Our proven track record of high retention rates is testament to the support that they receive.
What you can expect
If you aspire to have an exciting career specialising in quantitative and capital risk management, joining this tailormade graduate programme will help you achieve your dreams by opening up opportunities for you. You will have the chance to be rotated across several business areas for a period of up to two years, being extensively exposed to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as model development, model validation, scorecard calibration and stress testing. Even though you will join the various business units at an entry-level position, you will be treated as an indispensable member of the team. Your work will include the development and maintenance of models that form an integral part of our business processes, as the advanced risk measures produced by these models inform the bank’s decision making and strategy.
What we are looking for
2019 Quants Training Programme Applications
With this programme we pride ourselves on developing global business leaders with an entrenched social awareness and a vested interest in their surrounding communities, while being part of a bank that seeks to use financial expertise to do good.
We are looking for aspiring quants who have harnessed strong analytical and problem-solving skills and who can work with decisiveness and independence in highly skilled teams. We are looking for established number crunchers who will spark and develop solutions that will propel Nedbank as a worldclass manager of risk. If this description fits you, we are looking for you.
To learn more about the programme click here: https://bit.ly/2WeZccE
To apply you must currently be registered for a postgraduate qualification in mathematics, stats, applied mathematics, actuarial science or engineering. Other qualifications with a quantitative element will also be considered.
Application open 1st April 2020 and close on 28 June 2020