Nedbank Group is a diversified financial services provider offering a wide range of wholesale and retail banking services as well as insurance, asset management and wealth management solutions. Nedbank operates under a federal operating model, delivering our products and services through four main business clusters, providing our clients access to financial services in 39 countries across Africa.
Our purpose is to use our financial expertise to do good for individuals, families, businesses and society. We have a vision-led, values-driven philosophy to leading and managing our business, because how we achieve our vision is as important to us as what we achieve.
With a view to being most admired by our stakeholders, our Deep Green aspirations and targets strongly influence our planning up to 2020 and for the long term. To remain successful in banking over the long term the socioeconomic context in which we operate, matters enormously. Our recognition of the systematic interdependencies between economic success, societal wellbeing and environmental health led us to develop a set of eight Long-term Goals for SA to achieve by 2030. The Long-term Goals define the areas where we can best grow our bank, as well as areas where we have to tilt away from in order to contribute to a thriving society. These are predominantly about how we deploy our financial capital. In response to these, we developed our Fair Share 2030 strategy.
Our presence in South Africa and beyond
- Nedbank Group’s primary market remains South Africa, however, we are continuing to expand into the rest of Africa.
- We have a presence in six countries in the Southern African Development Community (SADC) and East Africa region where we own subsidiaries and banks in Namibia, Swaziland, Malawi, Mozambique, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, as well as representative offices in Angola and Kenya.
- In West and Central Africa we follow a partnership approach and concluded the acquisition of an approximate 20% shareholding in Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) in 2014, enabling a unique one-bank experience to our clients across the largest banking network in Africa, comprising more than 2 000 branches in 39 countries.
Each year we offer bursaries to students in need of financial assistance toward their studies. So, if you are thinking of studying towards a university degree but don’t have the financial means, the Nedbank Bursary Fund may be the solution you’re looking for.
The following are some of the questions we’ll ask when considering your application for a bursary:
- Are you a South African citizen?
- Do you contribute to Nedbank’s transformation targets?
- Have you achieved enough academically? Specifically, have you earned at least a 65% average pass mark, while also meeting all of the registration criteria of a South African public university or university of technology?
- Where do you score on a financial means test?
- Does the degree you are applying for meet a scarce skill that we’ve identified at Nedbank or for the greater good of South Africa?
Applications for 2021 are now closed.
CA SEMINAR EXPERIENCE
The Nedbank CA Training Programme invites you to attend its annual CA Seminar Experience. This is a career-defining five-day journey that will inspire you and assist you in making informed decisions about your future.
During the week you will:
- experience Nedbank’s culture, values and brand;
- have the opportunity to network with the Nedbank CEO, other executives and trainees;
- gain professional, leadership and interview skills, as well as improve your personal branding, CV writing and exam techniques;
- be challenged by a wide range of comprehensive activities; and
- gain valuable insights into the world of banking and have many questions answered.
The CA Seminar Experience will take place in December 2020.
Watch this space for applications opening!
Nedbank continues to invest in the recruitment and development of graduates with a view of establishing a talent pipeline of young people who will become future leaders and fill scarce skill roles within the organisation.
- Quantitative Analyst Programme
NEDBANK QUANTITATIVE ANALYST PROGRAMME
The worldclass Nedbank Quants Graduate Programme offers exceptional prospects, developmental opportunities and benefits to trainees. The programme is unique in that it allows you to tailor your journey to your career goals.
Trainees get the opportunity to rotate across the bank during their two-year programme. Our proven track record of high retention rates is testament to the support that they receive.
What you can expect
If you aspire to have an exciting career specialising in quantitative and capital risk management, joining this tailormade graduate programme will help you achieve your dreams by opening up opportunities for you. You will have the chance to be rotated across several business areas for a period of up to two years, being extensively exposed to a broad range of quantitative risk management techniques, such as model development, model validation, scorecard calibration and stress testing. Even though you will join the various business units at an entry-level position, you will be treated as an indispensable member of the team. Your work will include the development and maintenance of models that form an integral part of our business processes, as the advanced risk measures produced by these models inform the bank’s decision making and strategy.
What we are looking for
2019 Quants Training Programme Applications
With this programme we pride ourselves on developing global business leaders with an entrenched social awareness and a vested interest in their surrounding communities, while being part of a bank that seeks to use financial expertise to do good.
We are looking for aspiring quants who have harnessed strong analytical and problem-solving skills and who can work with decisiveness and independence in highly skilled teams. We are looking for established number crunchers who will spark and develop solutions that will propel Nedbank as a worldclass manager of risk. If this description fits you, we are looking for you.
To learn more about the programme click here: https://bit.ly/2WeZccE
To apply you must currently be registered for a postgraduate qualification in mathematics, stats, applied mathematics, actuarial science or engineering. Other qualifications with a quantitative element will also be considered.
application link :https://jobs.nedbank.co.za/job/Johannesburg-Graduate-Quantitative-Analyst-2022/671479701/?locale=en_GB
Applications close on 30 June 2021