University of Johannesburg
PhD Applied Mathematics
Closing Date :
30 November 2020
3 years (full time)
4 years (part time)
Programme Administrator :
The purpose of the doctoral programme is to provide qualifying students with an in-depth understanding and integrated knowledge of advanced applicable theory in the field of specialisation.
The doctoral study programme comprises a thesis which makes an original contribution to the research field approved for the study.
Please note: Admission to the Doctoral programme is subject to approval by the Department and availability of a supervisor in the intended field of study.
At least 60% in MSc Applied Mathematics or an equivalent qualification at an equivalent standard.
- Students are encouraged to apply for the NRF bursaries, https://www.nrf.ac.za/content/nrf-postgraduate-scholarships-full-time-studies-2020
- Students can also apply for the UJ post-graduate funding opportunities.
- Students can also apply for the UJ Faculty of Science top-up bursary through the supervisor(s)
- Students can also apply for the UJ Faculty of Science merit bursary through the supervisor(s)
- Students can also apply for the UJ MD Nagraadse Beurs through the supervisor(s)