University of the Western Cape (UWC)
Post Graduate Diploma in Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
Closing Date :
Programme Administrator :
- Develop the necessary skilled human capital in the field of data analytics and business intelligence to fulfil in the talent shortage that is currently experienced in the South African market, to help ensure that the country can effectively compete
- Contribute towards a depth of data analytics expertise that will assist South African companies to create job opportunities (for especially young people) by offering South Africa as the data analytics BPO destiny of choice
- Provide students with the required theoretical knowledge and practical/career experience to be able to fulfil a data analytics and business intelligence role within an applied business context.
- Equip students to apply data analysis and business intelligence skills and know-how to identify and address business challenges to inform decision making
- Equip students to understand the potential ‘wealth” of data (and data sets) and to pro-actively explore available (or new) data sets in view of uncovering trends and/or new opportunities.
- B-degree with an average of 55% for exit level modules in the areas of Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science or Statistics PLUS one of:
- Information Systems or Computer Science or Statistics at the 2nd year level
- B-degree (or equivalent) with two years of relevant working experience
- As only a limited number of students can be admitted to the programme, applicants will be subjected to a selection procedure