Locations: Cape Town
We offer bursaries to scholars who are planning to study actuarial science in 2020. If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
Work Experience to Launch Your Career
Sanlam’s Internship Programme is aimed at unemployed graduates who are looking to gain real world work experience. The programme is endorsed and sponsored by the Insurance Sector Education & Training Authority (INSETA). The duration of the internship is a maximum of 1 year.
To qualify, your diploma or degree should cover at least one of the following disciplines:
- Financial Management
- Legal or Compliance
- Customer Relations
- Marketing and Sales
- Information Technology
- General Management
- Business Administration
Look for internship opportunities under Current Vacancies between May and November each year.
Data and Analytics Graduate Programme
The Data and Analytics Graduate Programme focuses on developing and growing data analysis and engineering competencies for the Sanlam Group and is open to graduates that are curious about data science. This is a 24-month programme where high calibre learning will be made available to qualifying graduates.
How is it different?
- Team collaboration providing the opportunity to work with, and learn from Sanlam Wealthsmiths™ across various disciplines
- Ongoing technical and soft skills training in a professional environment
- Peer coaching and mentoring from subject matter experts in the Sanlam Business Intelligence team to ensure that you are well equipped to become successful in your career
- Team projects which aid in reinforcing the principles learnt throughout the programme
How do you benefit?
- The programme will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from various Sanlam Wealthsmiths™, providing you with practical experience and skills which you can apply in your future career
- You will be gaining hands-on experience on the leading BI tools; becoming part of Sanlam’s strategy to modernise the IT agenda
- You will receive a market-related salary and significant additional benefits
- Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for soon-to-be graduates who are independent and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills. You must have the ability to present yourself in a competent and professional manner, work efficiently, meet deadlines, and prioritise competing responsibilities.
At least one of the following criteria must be met:
- BEng, BSc or similar in Industrial, Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- BCom or BSc Information Technology, Informatics or Computer Science
- BCom Statistics or Mathematics
- BTech Information Technology, Engineering or any higher qualification
Applications closing date 30 June 2020